Social networks have become an essential marketing tool for any type of virtual business. Despite this, LinkedIn is one of the networks that is least known to be used for this purpose. In fact, there are many people who do not know what LinkedIn is and what it is for.
For this reason, if you still don’t know what LinkedIn is, we invite you to read this article to see how this social network can help you promote your products as well as find new professional opportunities for you and your company.
What is LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a social network for professionals and entrepreneurs that allows users to expand their work networks to find new collaborations, new clients, and new job opportunities.
If you want to know how LinkedIn works, it is important to mention some of its basic functions, among which the following stand out:
- LinkedIn works through a system based on the creation of professional profiles.
- You can create content directly from the platform using various formats.
- The interaction is facilitated through a system in which it is possible to recommend, comment, share and send content.
- LinkedIn includes several groups that strengthen collaborations and help you follow specific topics.
What is LinkedIn for companies
In addition to personal profiles, on LinkedIn it is possible to create profiles exclusively for companies, which offers a number of advantages, among which the following stand out:
- Greater visibility for your virtual business.
- Possibility of improving your brand strategy and virtual reputation.
- Get more leads for your products and services.
- Reach a large number of users with an inbound marketing strategy.
- Improve your corporate image.
Now that we have a first idea of what LinkedIn is and what it is for, we would like to go into some details that we hope will help you understand why you should create a profile of your company on this social network.
What LinkedIn is for: 3 reasons to keep in mind
We already mentioned some of the main advantages that LinkedIn offers for companies. However, we would like to give you three additional reasons why it is important to give your business a presence on this social network.
1. A showcase to share the story of your business
One of the great benefits you can take advantage of when you create a LinkedIn Store Page is the ability to share your brand story, your company mission, and all the things that make your business unique.
If you want to do this effectively, we advise you to share all of the above by taking advantage of the power that storytelling brings as a marketing tool.
2. A way to gain reputation
Sharing informative and useful content through LinkedIn helps you gain authority and reputation within this social network. If you do this regularly, your audience will end up seeing you as a true expert in your field, which will help you achieve the following:
- Greater power of persuasion when offering your products.
- Higher level of confidence regarding your brand.
- A higher tendency among users to share the content you publish.
3. A channel to optimize the SEO of your store
For any type of virtual business, SEO is one of the most important aspects that exist at the promotion level. In fact, this is the reason why many entrepreneurs decide to maintain an active profile on LinkedIn.
If you create high-quality content and combine it with a good selection of keywords and hashtags, the chances of gaining visibility through this network are enormous.
How to create a company profile on LinkedIn
As with all social networks, giving your business a strong profile is a crucial aspect of your LinkedIn presence. In fact, what you say and the way you say it has a huge impact on how people perceive your brand.
For this reason, a well-crafted profile offers enormous potential to become an essential marketing tool for your business. On the contrary, if you build your profile in haste or without any kind of strategy, you run the risk of ending up wasting your time.
To help you prevent this from happening, in this section we would like to share with you four tips that we hope will help you understand how to create a successful LinkedIn company page.
1. Invest time in building your profile
As we said before, your LinkedIn profile can work as a great marketing tool for your business. However, for it to work as such it is important that you spend time developing your content in a way that tells a coherent story and offers the information that your consumers need to know.
Here are some important suggestions that you should keep in mind if you want to know how to make a good LinkedIn profile:
- Make sure you have your contact information updated.
- Use a professional logo that is the right size for your LinkedIn Page.
- Include links to your business, such as your website and other social networks.
- Use videos that make your profile more attractive.
- Personalize your profile by adding details that allow you to differentiate yourself from your competitors.
- Highlight the achievements and history that make your store unique.
- Incorporate calls to action that help your visitors navigate your business.
2. Know your audience
Knowing who your audience is on LinkedIn is one of the aspects that will most help you promote your business through this social network. The reason is very simple: the better you know your audience, the better you will be able to communicate with them, which will not only help you have a more attractive profile, but will also help you create more business opportunities for your store.
For this reason, depending on what you sell in your virtual business, it is important that you be as specific as possible when you communicate with people through LinkedIn. For this, you need to answer questions like the following:
- Why are you on LinkedIn?
- What is the focus of your communication?
- How can people who visit your page help you?
3. Create and publish content
Maintaining a good level of activity on LinkedIn is a good way to give dynamics to the brand of your business. However, creating diverse types of content and sharing it through this network is an even more powerful strategy.
On the one hand, publishing content increases the visibility of your store. On the other hand, the content encourages people to follow you which will help your fan base to continue to grow.
Regarding the type of content that you should publish on LinkedIn, it is important that the content fits your brand and your audience, trying to be as useful and informative as possible, since this increases the chances that it will be shared and achieve greater visibility.
Also remember that it is important to avoid posting content that sounds like a sales promotion, as this can detract from it and even hurt the corporate image of your business.